Brussels – ESI at the Think Global Day: "Fortress Europe: closed or open?"
ESI's Gerald Knaus will give a presentation on the EU-Turkey agreement on migration at the Think Global Day 2017 organised by the Flemish North-South movement in Belgium. Gerald will speak on the panel "Fortress Europe: closed or open?" and discuss the state of play in the implementation of the agreement and lessons to be learned. He will be joined by Charlotte Vandycke (director Vluchtelingenwerk Vlaanderen) and Eva Berghmans (policy officer Amnesty International Belgium).
Other speakers include François Crépeau (UN Special Rapporteur on the Human Rights of Migrants), Alexander De Croo (Belgian Minister of Development Cooperation), and Bogdan Vanden Berghe (director 11.11.11).
- ESI proposal: The Malta Plan – a humane EU border and asylum policy is possible (3 February 2017)
- The Guardian, "1m African migrants may be en route to Europe, says former UK envoy" (2 April 2017)
- Gerald Knaus, "Ex meridie lux - a Malta Plan for the Mediterranean" (11 April 2017)
- Deutsche Welle: Is the EU-Turkey deal at risk of collapsing? (20 March 2017)
- Presentation: Germany, Europe, and the Politics of Refugee Protection (18 February 2017)
- ESI proposal: The Merkel Plan – A proposal for the Syrian refugee crisis (4 October 2015)
- ESI proposals for the refugee crises – www.esiweb.org/refugees