Lobbach – ESI at public debate on “Migration without borders?”
ESI’s Gerald Knaus was invited to participate in Lobbacher Gespräche an event series that enables people in rural areas of Southwest Germany to meet and talk personally with prominent personalities from politics and society. The theme of the event was “Migration without borders?”.
Gerald spoke about the dangers of pushbacks from the EU member states, the importance of establishing fair and humane borders and the need of stronger resettlement initiatives, where he also focused on ESI’s proposal for a new, humane approach on the migration debate.
Gerald had come to Lobbach upon the invitation of Lars Castellucci, a Social Democratic of MP. Together, they also gave an interview to the local Rhein-Neckar-Zeitung newspaper: Deutschland hat zu sehr auf Brüssel gesetzt ("Germany has put too much faith in Brussels").
- Humane Borders - www.humaneborders.eu
- Welche Grenzen brauchen wir? - www.grenzen.eu
- ESI proposals website: EU-Turkey Statement 2.0
- ESI draft of a revised EU-Turkey Statement 2.0, 16 March 2021
- ESI Newsletter: Essay 1 - The promise and the agony – saving the refugee convention
- Deutschlandfunk: 70 Years of the Geneva Refugee Convention: "The fear of mass migration is completely irrational." 28 July 2021
- Berliner Zeitung: Merkel advisor Knaus: Resettle refugees directly to Germany 17 March 2021
- Anadolu Agency, Humane borders, control through cooperation possible: Turkey, EU can show the way, 26 March 2021
- Falter: What borders do we need? Falter podcast of presentation by Gerald Knaus on refugee and migration policy, 5 April 2021
- Focus Online: Interview with Gerald Knaus: The Turkey deal has failed: "Germany could take in 30,000 refugees a year, 16 April 2021