Dornbirn – ESI presentation on asylum and migration
Gerald discussed the following questions: how can borders be secured without turning Europe into a fortress? How can we stop illegal migration while upholding the right to asylum? And how can we prevent people from drowning in the Mediterranean?
In addition, Gerald spoke about the current European migration debate and outlined ESI’s proposal for a new, humane approach on borders and asylum, warning of the dangers of pushbacks at the EU’s borders and calling for more resettlement initiatives.
- Humane Borders - www.humaneborders.eu
- Welche Grenzen brauchen wir? - www.grenzen.eu
- ESI Newsletter: Essay 1 - The promise and the agony – saving the refugee convention
- KULTUR: Insisting on humanity , 1 September 2021
- Deutschlandfunk: Migration researcher Knaus: "Situation for refugees today completely different than in 2015 , 1 September 2021
- Berliner Zeitung: There is no million-strong ghost army coming to Europe , 18 August 2021
- RTL: Migration researcher does not see a wave of refugees from Afghanistan: "We must not panic" , 31 July 2021
- Deutschlandfunk: 70 Years of the Geneva Refugee Convention: "The fear of mass migration is completely irrational." 28 July 2021