Mitrovica, Pristina, Tirana, Lezhe – ESI participates in study trip on youth and gender perspectives on the EU accession process
ESI senior analyst Adnan Cerimagic participated in a study trip organised by the International Institute for Peace in Vienna, Austria (IIP Vienna). The study trip included visits to Albania and Kosovo, and took place from 10 to 13 June 2023.
In Mitrovica, Adnan met with a group of students of the International Business College Mitrovica, and members of the Community Building Mitrovica, where together with IIP Vienna staff, he discussed youth and gender perspectives on the EU accession process, as well as the recent escalation of the security situation. In Pristina, they met with students of the Faculty of Philosophy of the University of Pristina.
During the visit to Tirana, they met with the director of the Regional Youth Cooperation Office, Albert Hani, and his team, as well as with a network of young leaders supported by them.
They also visited the small city of Lezhaj in northern Albania, where they met with a group of women running the youth centre “HANA - Hand to hand Against Nation Apathy.”
Throughout the study trip, Adnan presented ESI‘s research and analysis.
- "Scoreboard - The true state of accession - What the Commission assessments reveal"
- "End the turtle race How the EU can address the crisis of the accession process"
- "Offer the four freedoms to the Balkans, Ukraine, and Moldova For a merit-based EU accession process with a credible goal"
- "47 again? Russia out, Kosovo in Support Kosovo's membership in the Council of Europe"
- "Abandon clichés about Bosnia: Push EU-related reforms instead of arbitrary conditions"
- "No partition: Why Kosovo and Serbia must not discuss territory"
- "Anti-Corruption Report for the West Balkans: Measure corruption in order to fight it"