Berlin – ESI at meeting on the Western Balkans
ESI analyst Adnan Cerimagic participated in a working session titled “What Future for EU Enlargement in Pandemic Times?” organised as a part of the Working Group on the Western Balkans. The session was organised by the Aspen Germany Institute and supported by the German Federal Foreign Office. During the meeting Adnan presented some of ESI‘s research and analysis, focusing on EU enlargement policy. Other participants included policy makers and think tankers from the EU, the Western Balkans and the USA.
- "Escaping the Hamster Wheel: For a reformed, merit-based EU accession process that offers a credible interim goal"
- "Abandon clichés about Bosnia: Push EU-related reforms instead of arbitrary conditions"
- "Start EU accession talks with North Macedonia: Keep your word. Strengthen reformers"
- "No partition: Why Kosovo and Serbia must not discuss territory"
- "Anti-Corruption Report for the West Balkans: Measure corruption in order to fight it"
- "How to teach war in the Balkans? For a comprehensive analysis of 20th century history textbooks"