Bern – ESI at management retreat of the Swiss State Secretariat for Migration
ESI’s Gerald Knaus was invited to give a presentation at this year’s management retreat of the Swiss State Secretariat for Migration.
In his presentation, Gerald spoke about the current and future global developments in migration and how these affect Europe and Switzerland. Moreover, he stressed that some European asylum systems are currently overloaded and more and more right-wing governments are in power and national thinking and action is on the rise.
Gerald presented ESI’s proposals on humane borders and highlighted how Switzerland is a role model in many areas, since it has accepted more asylum applications per capita in 2023 than Germany and has also accepted more Ukrainians so far than Austria.
- ESI: An airlift 2022 for Ukrainians
- ZDF, Less money, more refugees - is Germany still strong enough? (Gerald Knaus on German TV debate show "Maybrit Illner") , 3 November 2022
- The New York Times, A New Refugee Crisis Stirs Uncomfortable Issues for Europe , 3 November 2022
- Der Tagesspiegel, Migration researcher Knaus expects a winter of refugees: "Neither the EU nor Germany is prepared for this" (Interview with Gerald Knaus) , 31 October 2022
- BZ Berlin, Migration researcher Knaus calls for more solidarity in the EU (Interview with Gerald Knaus) , 28 October 2022
- PNP, Migration researcher Gerald Knaus: "Putin is the cause of flight (Interview with Gerald Knaus) , 18 October 2022
- Das Erste, Video: Displacement as a weapon? How refugees become part of warfare ( TV Interview with Gerald Knaus) , 17 October 2022
- RBB, Ukraine: Migration researcher Knaus fears many more refugees (Interview with Gerald Knaus) , 11 October 2022
- Phoenix, Between helpfulness and excessive demands - refugee summit in Berlin (TV debate with Gerald Knaus) , 11 October 2022
- Profil, Gerald Knaus on migration: Who should Europe let in? (Guest commentary by Gerald Knaus) , 10 October 2022