Pristina, Gjakova – ESI in Kosovo discussing European integration
ESI’s deputy chairperson Kristof Bender travelled to Kosovo from 22 to 25 March. He held talks in Pristina with officials in the prime minister’s office, the interior ministry, and the foreign ministry, discussing how to revive the EU accession process, visa liberalisation and a potential application of Kosovo to become a member of the Council of Europe.
He also visited Swedish Ambassador Karin Hernmarck Ahliny and attended a board meeting of the Kosovo Civil Society Foundation (KCSF).
- ESI background document: How Kosovo can become the 47th member of the Council of Europe (28 February 2022)
- ESI proposal: Open EU Single Market to the Balkans
- Balkan Insight, "EU Has Turned Enlargement into a Hamster Whee" (21 January 2020)
- ESI report: Hamster in the Wheel. Crediblity and EU Balkan policy (15 January 2020)
- ESI newsletter: Coup de grâce - Delors and squaring the circle - Norway in the Balkans (26 October 2019)