Brussels – ESI at the EU-Russia Centre: "Russia - Time for a Rethink?"
31 May 2013
ESI's Ben Judah was invited to speak at a panel discussion organised by the EU-Russia Centre in Brussels on Russia's internal and external policies, and the implications for the EU. How serious is the authoritarian drift in Russia? How can the EU seek to influence these trends? Is there any common ground in the common neighbourhood? Is the EU still right to pursue a new strategic agreement with Russia?
- Fraser Cameron, Director EU-Russia Centre (chair)
- Ben Judah, Fellow, European Stability Initiative and author of 'Fragile Empire – How Russia Fell In and Out of Love with Vladimir Putin'
- Alain Deletroz, Vice President, Crisis Group
- Ksenia Vakhrusheva, Environmental Rights Centre, Bellona, St Petersberg, Member of the Steering Committee, EU-Russia Civil Society Forum
- Luis Felipe Fernandez de la Pena, Managing Director for Europe and Central Asia, EEAS