Vienna – ESI discussing EU accession process in the wake of Russian aggression against Ukraine
On 28 March 2022 Kristof Bender was invited to an off-the record expert meeting to discuss the process of EU enlargement in the Western Balkans at the Institute for Human Sciences (IWM) in Vienna. Among other issues, the discussion focused on the effects of the war in Ukraine on the EU accession process and implications for the French-organised EU-Western Balkans summit scheduled to take place in June 2022.
- ESI proposal: Open EU Single Market to the Balkans
- ESI newsletter: Slovenia, Serbia and an EU-Balkan breakthrough in 2021 (9 March 2021)
- Balkan Insight, "EU Has Turned Enlargement into a Hamster Whee" (21 January 2020)
- ESI report: Hamster in the Wheel. Crediblity and EU Balkan policy (15 January 2020)
- ESI newsletter: Coup de grâce - Delors and squaring the circle - Norway in the Balkans (26 October 2019)