Belgrade – ESI at conference on the future of the Western Balkans
ESI senior analyst Adnan Cerimagic participated in a conference titled "The lighthouse of a better Balkans" organised by the Belgrade Centre for Security Policy (BCSP). Adnan spoke at a panel titled "How to make the Balkans better?" where he presented some of ESI's research and analysis. This conference was attended by diplomats posted in Serbia and local politicians, as well as civil society members from the region.
During his stay in Belgrade, Adnan also took part in the inaugural meeting of the International Advisory board of the Belgrade Centre for Security Policy (BCSP). Together with fourteen other experts, former politicians and diplomats, Adnan has accepted an invitation to be part of the Advisory Board as its member. Members of the International Advisory Committee are:
- Srđan Cvijić, President of the International Advisory Commitee
- Ioannis Armakolas, Assistant Professor, University of Macedonia Department of Balkan, Slavic & Oriental Studies
- Rosa Balfour, Director, Carnegie Europe Amna Guellali, Deputy director, Middle East and North Africa, Amnesty International
- Dr Johanna Deimel, Independent Analyst Southeast Europe / Western Balkans
- Nikola Dimitrov, ex Minister of Foreign Affairs of North Macedonia
- Florent Marciacq, Deputy Secretary General & Research Fellow, Austro-French Centre for Rapprochement in Europe
- Marta Martinelli, Senior Director, Center for Civilians in Conflict
- Engjellushe Morina, Senior policy fellow with the Wider Europe Programme, European Council on Foreign Relations
- Oana Popescu-Zamfir, Director of the GlobalFocus Center
- Hannes Swoboda, President of the International Insitute for Peace
- Adnan Ćerimagić, Senior Analyst for the Western Balkans, European Stability Initiative
- Karsten Friis, Senior Research Fellow and head of NUPIs Research Group on Security and Defence
- Ivor Chipkin, Director, Government and Public Policy (GAPP) Think Tank
- Edward P. Joseph, Senior Fellow, Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies
- Prof Dr Tobias Schumacher, Professor of European Studies, Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU
More information on the International Advisory board of the Belgrade Centre for Security Policy (BCSP) can be found here.
- "Offer the four freedoms to the Balkans, Ukraine, and Moldova"
- "No partition: Why Kosovo and Serbia must not discuss territory"
- "Abandon clichés about Bosnia: Push EU-related reforms instead of arbitrary conditions"
- "Anti-Corruption Report for the West Balkans: Measure corruption in order to fight it"