Sarajevo – ESI at conference on the Balkans and the EU
ESI analyst Adnan Cerimagic participated in a conference titled "Italy and Bosnia Herzegovina: The Balkans and the EU from One Century to the Other – 155 years since the opening of the first Consulate General of Italy in Sarajevo". The conference was organised by the Osservatorio balcani e caucaso transeurpa and the Italian Embassy in Sarajevo. It took place from 27 to 29 November 2019 in Sarajevo.
Adnan spoke at the panel "Possible models for the EU and the Balkans" where he presented ESI's research on the EU and the Western Balkans, our ideas regarding measuring and incentivizing reforms in the Western Balkans in light of non-opening of accession talks with Albania and North Macedonia and our most recent proposal for the EU to offer six Western Balkan states a path towards joining the EU single market (ESI's Norway in the Balkans proposal).
- ESI, "Coup de grâce – Delors and squaring the circle – Norway in the Balkans", 25 October 2019.
- ESI, "HOW ARE THEY DOING? European Commission assessments of North Macedonia, Serbia and Albania (April 2018)", 29 April 2019.
- ESI Newsletter, "The Hypnotist – North Macedonia this summer – In Memoriam Dejan", 28 April 2019.
- ESI, "The Hypnotist – Aleksandar Vucic, John Bolton and the return of the past", 25 April 2019.
- ESI briefing paper: A West Balkan Agenda for 2019, 29 October 2018
- Politico, Adnan Ćerimagić, "Redrawing Balkan borders would be a fatal mistake", 28 August 2018
- ESI, "Alpbach appeal to Vucic, Thaci and European leaders – Adi Cerimagic", 26 August 2018.
- ESI, "Making history? Macedonia and Elysium", 4 April 2018.
- ESI, "Balkan crises, imagined and real: Bosnian elections – PISA gap", 31 January 2018.
- ESI, "Wine, dog food and Bosnian clichés – False ideas and why they matter", 5 November 2017.
- European Western Balkans, "[EWB Interview] Ćerimagić: We need EU accession to be beneficial for WB states today" (23 October 2017)
- ESI, "The Chapter Illusion – For Honesty and Clearity in EU-Turkey relations", 15 May 2017.
- ESI, "Rankings that fail – Doing Business, Bosnia and Macedonia in 2015", 9 November 2015.
- ESI, "A reporting revolution? Towards a new generation of progress reports", 9 November 2015.
- ESI, "Measuring corruption – The case for deep analysis and a simple proposal", 19 March 2015.
- ESI, "Why Macedonia is not Finland – rankings and the PISA gap – Part I" , 26 May 2014
- ESI, "A simple idea: All Balkan countries take the OECD PISA test – and the Commission includes it in its Progress Report", 18 June 2014.