Berlin – ESI briefing for German Citizens’ Council on sea rescues
ESI’s Gerald Knaus was invited to brief the German Citizens' Council on sea rescues and the future of European refugee policy. The briefing was part of the council’s European Union travel group.
Gerald addressed the situation of refugees at the EU’ external borders and especially the deadly consequences for African migrants when they cross the Mediterranean which has become the deadliest border in the world. Moreover, Gerald presented ESI’s ideas and policy recommendations on EU asylum and migration policy. .
- ESI proposals website: EU-Turkey Statement 2.0
- ESI draft of a revised EU-Turkey Statement 2.0, 16 March 2021
Türkçe için: Gözden Geçirilmiş AB-Türkiye Mutabakatı 2.0 Teklifi
- ESI newsletter: Aegean Plan 2.0 – preventing a disaster in the times of Corona, 20 March 2020
- ESI paper: The Aegean Tragedy – Key facts and key steps, 24 Jan 2020
- ESI: www.esiweb.org/refugees
- ESI Newsletter: The Gambia Plan – Beyond empty words and threats: how a breakthrough is possible, 17 February 2020
- ESI Newsletter: Gambia Plan – win-win with Africa – the 11th commandment, 29 July 2019