Halle – The Azerbaijani “Caviar Connection” – ESI at Silbersalz Film Festival
ESI’s Gerald Knaus was invited to give a presentation at Silbersalz Film Festival on Azerbaijan and its Caviar Diplomacy. Gerald showed how the authoritarian regime of Azerbaijan systematically violated human rights and democratic rules, while building good relations with Western countries and at the same time undermining their democratic institutions, above all the Council of Europe. He strongly argued that the government of Azerbaijan and its Western apologists should be sanctioned.
His presentation followed the screening of the documentary “Caviar Connection”, featuring interviews with Gerald, Azerbaijani dissidents, and other political observers. Afterwards, Gerald debated with Jens Afflerbach (Executive Director at Story House Productions).
- Caviar Connection Trailer: Caviar Connection
- Arte TV: Caviar Connection Full Movie
- Humane Borders - www.humaneborders.eu
- Welche Grenzen brauchen wir? - www.grenzen.eu
- ESI Newsletter: Essay 1 - The promise and the agony – saving the refugee convention
- Deutschlandfunk: Migration researcher Knaus: "Situation for refugees today completely different than in 2015 , 1 September 2021
- Berliner Zeitung: There is no million-strong ghost army coming to Europe , 18 August 2021
- RTL: Migration researcher does not see a wave of refugees from Afghanistan: "We must not panic" , 31 July 2021
- Deutschlandfunk: 70 Years of the Geneva Refugee Convention: "The fear of mass migration is completely irrational." 28 July 2021