Vienna - ESI moderates a workshop on EU enlargement in the Western Balkans
ESI analyst Adnan Cerimagic moderated a workshop on state of the play and future of EU's enlargement to the Western Balkans in light of the February 2018 European Commission's strategy for "A credible enlargement perspective for and enhanced EU engagement with the Western Balkans", organised by the Austrian think tank Shabka and hosted by the Landesverteidigungsakademie in Vienna on 7 March 2018.
Participants in the workshop included young professionals interested in the Western Balkans and EU enlargement who are working for various Vienna-based institutes, universities and embassies. As a basis for the workshop Adnan used ESI's latest reports and ideas on future of EU enlargement to the Western Balkans.
- ESI, "Balkan crises, imagined and real: Bosnian elections – PISA gap", 31 January 2018.
- ESI, "Wine, dog food and Bosnian clichés – False ideas and why they matter", 5 November 2017.
- European Western Balkans, "[EWB Interview] Ćerimagić: We need EU accession to be beneficial for WB states today", 23 October 2017.
- ESI, "The Chapter Illusion – For Honesty and Clearity in EU-Turkey relations", 15 May 2017.
- Vijesti.ba (Bosnian news portal), "EU must accept its role both in the good and the bad processes that are happening in Bosnia and Herzegovina", 12 December 2015.
- ESI, "Rankings that fail – Doing Business, Bosnia and Macedonia in 2015", 9 November 2015.
- ESI, "A reporting revolution? Towards a new generation of progress reports", 9 November 2015.
- ESI, "Measuring corruption – The case for deep analysis and a simple proposal", 19 March 2015.