Rome - Turkey and European Union relations: the way forward
ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to participate in a seminar organised by Economic Development Foundation (IKV) and Istituto Affairi Internazionali (IAI) on "Turkey and European Union relations: the way forward". He spoke on "Free movement of Turkish Citizens in the EU and the Visa Issue".
Speakers included Nathalie Tocci, from IAI; Ömer Cihad Vardan, president of IKV, and Alaattin Büyükkaya, Turkish Deputy Minister for EU integration.
- Euractiv, "Vardan: Vizeler ve Türkiye'nin STA'larda olmaması, AB ile ilişkilerin gelişmesini aksatıyor" ("Vardan: Visa obstacle and non inclusion of Turkey into the Free Trade Agreements hamper development of relations with the EU") (2 October 2014)
- First European Commission report assessing Turkey's progress in fulfilling the visa roadmap requirements (20 October 2014)
- Background paper: Turkish Students, Isolation and the Erasmus Challenge (24 July 2014). Also available in Turkish: Türk Öğrenciler, Tecrit ve Erasmus Sorunsalı (24 Temmuz 2014)
- IKV (Bimonthly magazine of IKV, the Economic Development Foundation), Gerald Knaus and Alexandra Stiglmayer, "Türkiye'nin Geri Kabul Anlaşmasi'ndan Korkmaması Için Sekiz Neden" ("Eight reasons why Turkey need not fear the readmission agreement") (15 June 2014) – English original: "Eight reasons why Turkey need not fear readmission"
- ESI: Why a EU visa liberalisation process for Turkey is in both the EU's and Turkey's interest