Marrakesh - Ways forward - Euro-African Crossroad of Migration and Development
ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to the conference "Ways forward - Euro-African Crossroad of Migration and Development" organised by the Heinrich Böll Stiftung in Marrakesh. He spoke in a panel on migration cooperation between the EU and maghreb countries. The panel focused on the different approaches and perspectives of the European and Maghrebian migration governance systems – their causes and effects, key risks and uncertainties – and how these understandings shape or aff ect institutional responses and cooperation now and in the future.
Key Note Speech: Rainer MÜNZ, International Expert and Researcher on Migration and Demography
- Driss EL YAZAMI, Chairman, National Council of Human Right (CNDH)
- Barbara LOCHBIHLER, Member of European Parliament, Alliance 90/Greens
- Gerald KNAUS, Chairman, European Stability Initiative
- Said TBEL, Researcher, Migreurop
- ESI proposal: The right refugee policy for Europe (Sanchez Plan) (11 August 2018)
- Gesine Schwan und Gerald Knaus, "Neue EU-Flüchtlingspolitik - Kontrolle und Empathie" ("New EU Refugee Policy - Control and Empathy") (28 June 2018)
- Refugees Deeply, John Dalhuisen Gerald Knaus, How Italy Can Combine Migration Control With Human Rights (13 March 2018)
- ESI paper: "Amsterdam in the Mediterranean" – How a Dutch-style asylum system can help resolve the Mediterranean refugee crisis (26 January 2018) – also available in Italian: "Amsterdam nel Mediterraneo"
- ESI proposals for the refugee crises in the Central Mediterranean and the Aegean: www.esiweb.org/refugees