Chisinau – ESI joins Baden-Wurttemberg delegation meetings with Moldavian government
ESI’s Gerald Knaus was invited to accompany a Baden-Wurttemberg State Ministry delegation led by state secretaries Florian Hassler, Siegfried Lorek, and MP Manuel Hagel to meet government officials in Moldova.
Gerald stressed what urgent help do Moldovan and Ukrainian people need this winter and what can a strong state like Baden-Württemberg can do.
In addition, Gerald expressed his concern for the spill over effects from the war between Ukraine and Russia and how they are affecting Moldova’s energy system and its capacity to host Ukrainian refugees.
🇲🇩— Gerald Knaus (@rumeliobserver) October 22, 2022
Will Europe‘s democracies step up to the challenge & anchor Moldova once & for all in the West?
Or could this winter topple a pro-reform leadership & create a pro-Putin threat to 🇺🇦&🇪🇺?
@DanielssonEU @sigriddiana @Maximilian_Popp @ecfr pic.twitter.com/y5Etau4L2j
- ESI proposal: “Offer the four freedoms to the Balkans, Ukraine, and Moldova”
- ESI: An airlift 2022 for Ukrainians
- PNP, Migration researcher Gerald Knaus: "Putin is the cause of flight (Interview with Gerald Knaus) , 18 October 2022
- Das Erste, Video: Displacement as a weapon? How refugees become part of warfare ( TV Interview with Gerald Knaus) , 17 October 2022
- RBB, Ukraine: Migration researcher Knaus fears many more refugees (Interview with Gerald Knaus) , 11 October 2022
- Phoenix, Between helpfulness and excessive demands - refugee summit in Berlin (TV debate with Gerald Knaus) , 11 October 2022
- Profil, Gerald Knaus on migration: Who should Europe let in? (Guest commentary by Gerald Knaus) , 10 October 2022
- Tagesschau, Overstretched municipalities: More people seek protection in Germany again (TV Interview with Gerald Knaus) , 6 October 2022
- MigAzin, Migration researcher fears "historic winter of refugees , 5 October 2022