ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to participate in the Dutch-German Forum 2017 on migration and integration. He spoke on a panel on the refugee crisis and the future of the EU. Other speakers included Mathias Jopp, director of the Insitute for European Politics, Jan-Peter Balkenende, former prime minister of the Netherlands, and Jan Willem Beaujean, Deputy Director-General for International Migration of the Netherlands.
18 January 2017
Berlin – ESI at the Dutch-German Forum 2017
- 4 July 2017: German quality daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung on ESI's policy proposal for the refugee crisis in the Central Mediterranean: "ESI plan for Italy and Africa might work"
- 22 June 2017: Berlin – ESI at public debate: "Azerbaijan: shrinking or lost spaces for opposition?"
- 20 June 2017: Berlin – ESI at public debate on the German perspective on the refugee crisis
- 20 June 2017: Berlin – ESI at public debate: "Problem Solved? - How to tackle the Refugee Crisis and Migration to the EU"
- 15 June 2017: Budapest – ESI at CEU workshop on action research, effective writing, visualization, and advocacy
- 14 June 2017: ESI interview on Dutch TV on EU asylum and migration policy
- 9 June 2017: Brussels – ESI on the Western Balkans at the Political Assembly of the European People's Party
- 8 June 2017: Rome – Lecture at Nato Defense College on the Western Balkans and meetings on EU asylum and border policy
- 29 May 2017: Berlin – ESI at the Think 20 Summit "Global Solutions"
- 22 May 2017: Athens – "Europe's Borders: Security, Migration, Human Rights"
- 18 May 2017: The Hague – "Human Act or Devil's Pact? Human rights aspects of migration agreements between EU and third countries"
- 16 May 2017: Brussels – ESI at the Think Global Day: "Fortress Europe: closed or open?"
- 12 May 2017: Rome – ESI presentation: Italy, Germany and the Mediterranean a proposal to save lives, the refugee convention and liberal Europe
- 12 May 2017: Rome – ESI at the Foreign Press Association: "Transparency in the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe. The way forward"
- 26 April 2017: Berlin – ESI at "Dialogue without Borders" on the future of EU asylum policy
- 24 April 2017: Strasbourg – ESI at PACE side event: Corruption Allegations and Transparency in the PACE - The way forward
- 5 April 2017: Rome – ESI at conference on EU enlargement in the Western Balkans and meetings on "The Malta Plan"
- 4 April 2017: Essen – ESI at Mercator Salon: European democracies and populism
- 1 April 2017: Ulcinj – ESI discusses freedom of movement in the EU and the Western Balkans
- 30 March 2017: Paris – Meetings on European foreign policy and "The Malta Plan"
- More news…