ESI Senior Analyst Alexandra Stiglmayer participated in workshop that built four scenarios on how EU-Turkey relations could develop in the next two years and then formulated policy recommendations based on it. The workshop was organised by the Stiftung Mercator on 7/8 October 2016 in Istanbul to mark the opening of the foundation's Istanbul office. It brought together 20 experts from the EU and Turkey who intensively worked for two days and produced a report about the results of their work: "The Future of Turkey-EU Relations. Four Scenarios for 2018".
7 October 2016
Istanbul – ESI at workshop building scenarios of future EU-Turkey relations
- 27 March 2017: Cologne – EU-Turkey agreement one year on – and now?
- 27 March 2017: Vienna – ESI at debate on EU-Turkey relations
- 15 March 2017: Visby – ESI at Visby conference: Europe Whole and Free – Challenges in the Eastern Neighbourhood
- 7 March 2017: Vienna – Towards a humane and effective asylum policy
- 24 February 2017: Washington D.C. – ESI lecture on Global Caviar Diplomacy at Hudson Institute
- 22 February 2017: Bratislava - ESI discussing migration and developments on the Balkan route
- 28 January 2017: Amsterdam – ESI at the Human Rights Weekend
- 18 January 2017: Berlin – ESI at the Dutch-German Forum 2017
- 17 January 2017: Berlin – ESI at the Bundestag: Turkey in the Erdogan era - parting with Europe?
- 12 January 2017: Sarajevo – ESI discusses populism in the EU
- 19 December 2016: Athens – A progressive EU Asylum and Border policy is possible
- 9 December 2016: Pristina - Balkan Fellowship for Journalistic Excellence
- 9 December 2016: Belgrade – ESI discusses Bosnia's EU perspective and European Commission's 2016 country reports
- 8 December 2016: Brussels – Brainstorming at the European Parliament on how to save the EU-Turkey refugee agreement and EU-Turkey relations
- 7 December 2016: Paris – ESI at PACE hearing on the EU-Turkey refugee agreement
- 30 November 2016: Rome – Lecture at Nato Defense College: Balkan Intervention - From war to peace to limbo?
- 29 November 2016: Brussels – Visa Liberalisation as an EU Foreign Policy Tool
- 28 November 2016: Berlin – Human Rights in crisis meeting
- 25 November 2016: Graz – ESI at TEDxGraz: "How human rights die – why the human rights movement needs to be reinvented"
- 15 November 2016: Hamburg – Lecture on the EU-Turkey agreement and visit of first reception service for refugees
- More news…