With the support of Kati Piri, Turkey rapporteur of the European Parliament, the European Neighbourhood Council and ESI jointly organised a brainstorming on EU-Turkey relation to discuss how the EU should best respond to the worrying domestic developments in Turkey and save the fragile EU-Turkey refugee agreement. ESI's Gerald Knaus and Alexandra Stiglmayer made an introductory presentation after which they discussed options for EU action with participants.
- ESI background paper: On solid ground? Eleven facts about the EU-Turkey Agreement (1 December 2016)
- ESI newsletter: Fire in the Aegean – Scenario of failure – How to succeed (11 October 2016)
- ESI paper: Pangloss in Brussels – How (not) to implement the Aegean Agreement (7 October 2016)
- Media reactions to ESI refugee proposals
- The Merkel-Samson Plan – www.esiweb.org/refugees