ESI's Gerald Knaus participated in a panel on EU-Turkish relations and migration policy at the Asylcom Conference, organised by The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Group (ALDE) in the European Parliament, where he debated with Angelika Mlinar, Member of the European Parliament (NEOS), and Thomas Liebig, Migration Expert, OECD. The keynote address was held by Christos Stylianides, European Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management.
7 November 2016
Vienna – ESI debating migration policy at ALDE Asylum Conference
- 19 September 2017: Munich – ESI lecture: EU, border protection, and asylum: plea for a moral refugee policy
- 17 September 2017: Zagreb – ESI discusses the future of EU and Western Balkans relations
- 6 September 2017: Berlin – The New "Macedonian" Moment for the Western Balkans?
- 4 July 2017: German quality daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung on ESI's policy proposal for the refugee crisis in the Central Mediterranean: "ESI plan for Italy and Africa might work"
- 29 June 2017: Bern – ESI at Swiss MFA Western Balkans retreat
- 22 June 2017: Berlin – ESI at public debate: "Azerbaijan: shrinking or lost spaces for opposition?"
- 20 June 2017: Berlin – ESI at public debate on the German perspective on the refugee crisis
- 20 June 2017: Berlin – ESI at public debate: "Problem Solved? - How to tackle the Refugee Crisis and Migration to the EU"
- 15 June 2017: Budapest – ESI at CEU workshop on action research, effective writing, visualization, and advocacy
- 14 June 2017: ESI interview on Dutch TV on EU asylum and migration policy
- 9 June 2017: Brussels – ESI on the Western Balkans at the Political Assembly of the European People's Party
- 8 June 2017: Rome – Lecture at Nato Defense College on the Western Balkans and meetings on EU asylum and border policy
- 29 May 2017: Berlin – ESI at the Think 20 Summit "Global Solutions"
- 22 May 2017: Athens – "Europe's Borders: Security, Migration, Human Rights"
- 18 May 2017: The Hague – "Human Act or Devil's Pact? Human rights aspects of migration agreements between EU and third countries"
- 16 May 2017: Brussels – ESI at the Think Global Day: "Fortress Europe: closed or open?"
- 12 May 2017: Rome – ESI presentation: Italy, Germany and the Mediterranean a proposal to save lives, the refugee convention and liberal Europe
- 12 May 2017: Rome – ESI at the Foreign Press Association: "Transparency in the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe. The way forward"
- 26 April 2017: Berlin – ESI at "Dialogue without Borders" on the future of EU asylum policy
- 24 April 2017: Strasbourg – ESI at PACE side event: Corruption Allegations and Transparency in the PACE - The way forward
- More news…